Specialized Abrasion and Corrosion Resistant Piping
Kenway believes that every piping system should be engineered and manufactured for its specific application. We work with our customers to identify the critical design issues in their system and then custom fabricate the pipe and components accordingly as part of our process piping design approach. Depending on the application we select from a variety of premium vinyl ester resins, incorporating hand lay-up, filament winding and vacuum infusion manufacturing, and design using various surfacing veils, chopped strand mats, woven roving, and unidirectional reinforcements. Examples would include specialized corrosion resistant barriers for an aggressive chemical application (e.g., chlorine dioxide) in the pulp and paper industry or proprietary abrasion resistant liners for flue gas desulfurization in the power industry.
- Pipe diameters ranging from 1”Ø to 168”Ø.
- Premium vinyl ester resin systems as well as epoxy resin systems
- Corrosion & Abrasion Barriers in excess of 250mils using a wide variety of surfacing veils
- Full Face Flanges, Ductile Iron Van Stone Back-up Type Flanges, Elbows, Tees, Concentric/Eccentric Reducers, and other Custom Fittings
- “Butt-and-Wrap” style joining techniques for highest long-term reliability.
- Designs exceeding 150 psi.
- Temperature ratings exceeding 210°F (depending on application)
- Class I Flame Retardant
- UV protective coatings
Common Types of Pipe We Manufacture
- Chemical Transfer Pipe
- Acid Sewer Pipe
- Caustic Sewer Pipe
- Corrosion Resistant Process Pipe
- Filament Wound Pipe
- Hand Lay Up Pipe
- ABR (Abrasion Resistant Piping)
Built to Industry Standards, including:
- ASTM C 581 Standard Practice for Determining Chemical Resistance of RTRP Intended for Liquid Service
- ASTM C 582 Contact- Molded RTP Laminates for Corrosion-Resistant Equipment
- ASTM D 2996 Filament-Wound Fiberglass Pipe
- ASTM D 5421 Contact Molded Flanges
- ASTM D 6041 FRP Corrosion Resistant Pipe and Fittings
- NBS PS 15-69
Benefits of FRP Pipe:
- Ability to customize for a variety of applications;
- Light weight – leading to lower installation costs;
- High strength to weight ration;
- Low coefficient of friction;
- Low thermal conductivity;
- Low long-term maintenance costs.